Friday, July 8, 2011

Normal without following the norms

We are still enjoying our 'New Normal', that isn't so new anymore.  The sentiments are still the same, but the kids are older and there are now more of them.  :)  Even though I may sound like I am lamenting the loss of my teaching career, I'm not.  Really.  The change, as abrupt as it was, has been the best thing to ever happen to our family.  I love our homeschooling life as much as I did the day we started four years ago, if not more.  We have grown into it quite assuredly.  I scoff at the socialization comments, I sneer (on the inside) at the suggestion that my kids might be missing out on something and I celebrate every day that we can do what we do in peace.  Here is a photo essay of our reasons to celebrate homeschooling....
This lovely gem is from the Explore Zone at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.


I love that we can go on field trips as a family.


We can explore new concepts...


Follow the beat of a different drum...


Ask questions...


Solve a puzzle in our own way...


Share what we have learned...


Do further research...


Work together as family...


Take a rest when we need to...


Explore our feelings...


Satisfy our curiosity...


Help each other...


Create...


Get some fresh air...


Enjoy home-cooked meals...


Explore our community with close friends...


And most of all... HAVE FUN!


1 comment:

Deanna said...

That's a beautiful post! Thanks Kirsten :)