Sunday, July 1, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... Another hot day.  So, so sick of the heat.

I am thinking... About how to celebrate the upcoming Fourth...

I am thankful... That there are no swim lessons this upcoming week.  We will go out every morning and have some fun before the heat of the day sets in.

From the Learning Rooms... An awesome week of schoolwork under our belts last week - we are just hitting the essentials - math, reading, spelling and writing.  And lots of nature study.

In the kitchen... Dean is at it again - Sunday pancakes with blueberries!

I am wearing... standard blogging uniform - pjs.


I am creating...a shopping list. I know. boring!

I am going... to the store and maybe over to grandma's pool in a little bit.  (Hint-hint)


I am wondering...When the monsoonal rainflow will start. What an icky, hot summer so far.

I am reading... I just finished Elizabeth Noble's Things I Want my Daughters to Know, and I loved it.  I haven't read in a few weeks, and I just picked it up again and finished it in two days.  I think I was in some serious need of distraction.  Now I am on to finishing The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, which I began in January.  I'm only 45 pages in, and I already forgot most of what happened.  I'll have to start over.

I am hoping... For rain, rain and more rain.


I am looking forward to... The Fourth!  We are changing it up this year, since fireworks aren't exactly popular in our region this year...

I am learning... About collecting water/soil samples and what they can tell us.  I will be (finally) posting on our nature study blog about what we have been up to!


I am hearing... Birds chirping, but it is time to shut the window. The heat is on, and there is a smokey haze this morning.


Around the house... prepare to be excited - balancing the checkbook and hashing out the monthly budget!  wohoo!

I am pondering... If it is time to hill my potatoes yet.  I need to look on the web, because I have no idea.  My plants are getting huge, so the time must be getting close.

One of my favorite things... Kids enjoying popsicles and sprinklers.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Several more excursions to places that involve water and shade, schoolwork except for on the Fourth and laundry.  Lots of laundry.  I still have one more load of stinky boy scout camp laundry from LAST WEEK queued up!


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

Summer Solstice... and an evening walk around the lake as we did a nature scavenger hunt.



To read more Daybook entries and visit a variety of other blogs, go here...

No comments: