Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"The 'Stuff' in the Stuffing" Therapy Session 1: Introduction


All this week I am going to write a series of posts that are centered around all of the tough emotional things that I have been stuffing down over the past year.  I've been stuffing because there really was no way to release it - and I'll explain why.  And why here, on my blog?  I've found that writing is the best form of therapy for me.  I also know that some of the best ideas on handling interpersonal relationships has come from other blogs - reading about how other moms handled issues with their kids, husbands, family members and other moms.  So, I thought I would bring my troubles to the table and that hopefully someone out there understands what I have been through and what I am struggling with.

I would have said a lot of this a long time ago, if it weren't for the fact that the individual who was the primary catalyst for all of this strife makes it a point to read my blog every day - sometimes to the point where it feels like she is stalking me.  Comments are sometimes submitted just minutes after I post.  She has also cut and pasted some of my work on to her blog - right down to the formatting.  (Didn't think I would notice?  Basic blog etiquette - don't copy unless you have permission and link back to the source.  Also, I included an extra daybook question of my own in that list that Simple Woman doesn't have.  That same question is on your list...) 

I have curtailed my thoughts and censored my feelings because I had no other choice - I still had to maintain a civil working relationship with her.  The end of our active season of scouting came with the last day of camp this past Friday, and I could finally stop having to pretend that I could tolerate this horribly dysfunctional situation.  I got home and there was the email from her - chock full of each and every element of my frustration over this past year.  I felt the seams rip.  My stuffing was coming out sideways!  I am done.  Finito.

I will now have my say.

No comments: