Monday, July 11, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday

The kids have been eating absolutely nothing lately (I would swear they survive on air), so it was time to do another MTM meal.  At least that way they actually eat something.


Clockwise from the top: cherries, grilled ham & cheese sandwich slices, cinnamon Teddy Grahams, peas and strawberry yogurt with mini marshmallows in the center.

 I looked at some of the other meals that are featured on the Muffin Tin Mom site today, and I inwardly groaned at my lack of creativity, but here you go.  And it only took me five minutes to do, so I guess that would be a plus!  Owen generously gave Colin his bears and cherries, so I had to fish the cherries out of Colin's mouth before he bit down on a pit or even worse, choked on it...  So it was a moderate success as far as Owen was concerned.  He didn't finish his peas, and he asked if he could take them to bed when it was time to go down for a nap.  Nope!

4 comments:

sara d. said...

I think my boy survives on air sometimes too! Thankfully, he will try almost anything if it is in a tin or silicon muffin cup!
This meal looks great!! I also have times of little creativity, but it is getting the kids to eat that matters!! :)

Unknown said...

What a pretty tin! I try to sneak foods JDaniel doesn't like into tins. it sometimes works.

In The Kitchen With AUdrey said...

Maybe he was saving the peas for an after nap snack? Very cute! And I think your tin is very creative, don't be intimidated. Could I feature this tin in our post next week?
www.inthekitchenwithaudrery.com

Kirsten said...

Absolutely Audrey! Thank you!